In India, 15% of the total IT population resides at Chennai and TCS has more than 60000 employees at the same place who have been hit by the devastating flood. In order to engage the employees in such distressful condition, TCS has decided to take the following measures:
- Interest Free Salary Advance – A fund of Rs.1100 crore has been specifically for this purpose.
- Direct Financial Support to Employees whose houses have been damaged in the natural calamity
- Cash Advances from Rs. 1 lakh to maximum of 3 months equivalent gross salary
- Reimbursement of medical and hospitalization expense (over and above the company medical insurance)
- Free transport facility by bus for all employees since commuting to office had become a challenge after the flood
- Free Medical camps, counseling facility for all employees to overcome such distressful situation.
- For Support staff, additional Ex-gratia grant of one month’s salary up to a maximum of Rs. 15,000.
Many organizations support their employees during the happy hours, but real heart touching engagement takes place when the support is provided during the odd hours. TCS has exactly done the same to help their employees to recover financially and emotionally and get back on their feet quickly.
Image Credit: Smitha T K Twitter