The production for Pulsar, KTM Duke(both models), Avenger have stopped due to the labour union issues. The production facility is based at Pune(Chakan) where the Union has called for a STRIKE.
It has been 4 days that zero production is being continued. 1500 workers excluding contract & temporary staff are employed at this unit which rolls out 3000 bikes a day. 600 employees are working on a contract basis. In fact some of them are engineering diploma holder trainees & few are working under ‘earn and learn scheme’
What is a STRIKE?
- Refusal to work by a body of workman for employment of a demand against the employer
- 14 DAYS NOTICE TO BE GIVEN by the union
The DEMANDS from the UNION are as follows:
- Demanding wage revision – 25 per cent wage hike
- Better working conditions
- Give Employee Stock Option: The union also wants the company to issue 500 shares each to all the uninoned workers at a nominal price of Rs 1 per share
- Making contract workers permanent employees
- Revocation of the suspension of 2 employees pending enquiry and bring back the three employees who were “arbitrarily” transferred to the Aurangabad unit.
- Union is creating trouble by kidnapping and hurting employees ( The union disagreed to this allegation)
- Negotiation took place between Management & the Union wherein the management did not agree to the all points raised by the union
- Partially the production resumed from Friday. The company said it has inventory of four to five weeks, including those with dealers.
- Bajaj Auto has shifted production of the Pulsar range to its oldest and biggest plant in Waluj, Aurangabad.
- If the same situation continues, the impact will be a daily revenue loss of Rs.21.1 crore.