CHILD LABOUR ACT
APPLICABILITY: To all establishment except FAMILY BUSINESS
CHILD: LESS THAN 14 years of age.
EXEMPTION: Any school established by or run with the aid of Govt.
CONTRACT LABOUR ACT
- Register: Register of contractors.
- FORM II : List of Contract Employees / Nature Of Business / Address
- FORM VI : Contract Labour Certificate
Submission: Annual return by 15th FEB through FORM XXV
A) The PRICIPAL EMPLOYER should make sure that CONTRACTOR maintains all records, registers & submit returns.
- i) ESI Challans
- ii) PF monthly contribution
- Half yearly Return by JAN 30th through FORM XXIV
- Half yearly Return by JULY 30th through FORM XXIV
- B) Incase the CONTRACTOR fails to make the payment of wages within the prescribed time limit or makes short payment, then the PRINCIPAL EMPLOYER is liable to make payment of wages.
EQUAL REMUNERATION ACT
- No Separate Wages for Men & Women
- REGISTER: FORM D
Labour Welfare Fund Act 1953
Applicability: To any establishment (shops & establishment & factory too) employing 5 or more workmen.
Employees gross salary Less than = 3000
- Employee’s Contribution: Rs. 6 per employee
- Employer’s Contribution: Rs. 18 per employee
Employees gross salary More than 3000
- Employee’s Contribution: Rs. 18 per employee
- Employer’s Contribution: Rs. 36 per employee
Contributions Payable to Karnataka Labour Welfare Fund:
15th July & 15th JAN every year
- 5% Simple Interest for First 3 months
- 2% Simple Interest thereafter.
If No records are maintained then Rs.1000 fine or imprisonment of 6 Months.
WEEKLY HOLIDAYS ACT
To be closed on one day of the week
½ day in the afternoon in a week ( As notified by the State Govt)
- The Shopkeeper has to specify the days on which the shop remains closed for a wholeday or half day.
- The notice has to be exhibited
- The shopkeeper/ authority shall not alter the day of closure before ONCE IN 3 Months.