Social media companies, social media agencies and in fact companies from all sectors emphasis their presence in social media platforms. Every company wants their customers to feel their product/service via these social media tools. Majority of the organisations whether big or small are on the lookout for qualified professionals as the companies shift from having an online presence to doing business online
This article will highlight 2 things:
- Different roles in the area of Social Media
- Real time Vacancies available in all sectors
|Role||Search Engine Optimisation|
|Profile||Analyse & assess the website traffic movement and provide areas of improvement|
|Qualification||MBA marketing with online or social media experience|
|Pay||Rs 60 lakh – Rs 1 crore – Salary for head of online marketing – 15 yrs exp|
|Companies Hiring||Social Media Companies Like Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Ibibo|
|Role||Social Media Specialist|
|Profile||Designing & Defining the social media strategy for the organisation|
|Qualification||MBA marketing, mass communication|
|Pay||Rs 40 lakh – Rs 70 lakh – Middle to Senior Level Exp|
|Companies Hiring||Social Media Companies Like Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Ibibo And Fropper|
|Role||Mobile Application Developer|
|Profile||Developing Mobile Application of the organisation which can be used by the customers. Eg Mobile Applications for Banks for M Commerce|
|Qualification||Software engineers. Mostly bulk hiring at junior-management level. Demand is more for people with 5-10 years’ experience|
|Pay||Rs 20 lakh – Rs 40 lakh|
|Companies Hiring||Social media companies & IT companies who do mobile application development for other NON-IT organisations|
|Role||Digital Campaigns Manager|
|Profile||Design stretegy, content for digital promotional campaigns on E-commerce sites|
|Qualification||MS in cognitive or experimental psychology, in-depth social media awareness & deeper insight into consumer behaviour|
|Pay||Rs 15 lakh – Rs 20 lakh – Junior Position with 4 – 5 years exp|
|Companies Hiring||Public Relations and Advertising agencies, IT Companies & social media orgs|
|Role||User Experience Specialist|
|Profile||Making websites user friendly, easy to navigate by analysing & understanding user sentiments|
|Qualification||MBA, sound knowledge of social media, understanding of user experience|
|Pay||Rs 30 lakh – Rs 40 lakh|
|Companies Hiring||Salary for middle management level with 10-12 years’ experience|
|Role||Social Business Analytics|
|Profile||Measuring & Moniter the Brand’s activity on social media platform and convert data into actionable insights|
|Qualification||MBA, degree in statistics or mathematics|
|Pay||Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh. For junior management with 4-5 years’ experience|
|Profile||Implements tactical initiatives for a brand on specific social platforms.Identify potential opportunities on emerging platforms|
|Qualification||MBA, experience in social media, good written and verbal communication skills|
|Pay||8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh and above for junior management|
|Companies Hiring||Capgemini, Kreata Global, Sprinklr; brands that want to explore social platforms or manage multiple brands|
Now coming to the second part which shows the real time vacancies available in the job market prevailing in India with regards to the social media from various sectors.
Designation: Internet Advertising and Social Media Marketing Manager-retail Liabilities
- Deliver on Social media engagement goals through appropriate content and engagement initiatives on our Social Media pages
- Tap the opportunity of using Online PR for mktg
- Work with business on the best way to use SMO to achieve their biz goals
- Identify opportunities for select online business to create awareness online
- Plan and execute , monitor and deliver advtg campaigns for non-digital branch products.
Experience: 3 – 6 Years
MANIPALGLOBAL EDUCATION SERVICES PRIVATE LTD
Designation: Social Media Executive
- Independently manage the various social media accounts for our different brands including Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and Youtube channels
- Manage and create engaging content for our Facebook, Twitter and You tube accounts.
- Develop creative, innovative and relevant campaigns to achieve business objectives
- Assist in optimisation of Facebook/Twitter/Youtube advertising campaigns
- Build, engage and monitor the health of all our social media accounts.
- Deliver regular dashboards on the performance of the social media accounts and derive insights that could be used to inform or evolve the socialmedia strategy
- Monitor, respond and engage with the community on a daily basis and provide customer service, wherever necessary
- Participate in conversations that surround our Brand, answer comments and be a mediator.
- Identify threats and opportunities in User generated content about our brand and report to the appropriate authorities.
- Optimise the content and community management to ensure on-going improvements
- Monitor the social universe about best practices in community management, innovative uses of social media and relevant trends and use the same to continuously improve our social strategy
Salary : 5,00,000 – 8,00,000 P.A
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Develop digital campaigns and program for organization and business units 2. Operationalize campaigns in coordination with Website, content, social, Search marketing teams
3. Develop and implement digital media communications for business, services, solutions.
4. Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure campaign effectiveness
5. Monitor competitive digital media landscape
6. Liaise with search marketing / Media / Product development/ social marketing teams
HP – Hewlett Packard
Designation: Social Media Analyst
- The analyst will be a part of Marketing and Media Effectiveness team at GLOBAL Analytics and the primary role will be to monitor, measure and analyze HPs presence in Social media at a WW level.
- Strategic recommendations will need to come from a strong understanding of HP, role of social media in business as well as competitive presence in this domain.
Typical day in the life of this candidate will involve
- Familiarization with marketing strategy of various HP BUs, and the role that Social media can play to complement this
- Track and monitor online user generated content through automated tools where possible, and manual means where necessary
- Identify and report impact of digital/ social media trends to senior stakeholders.
- Design dashboards and other material to create the best possible visual representation of findings
- Identify the best possible frequency for various metrics daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and take delivery ownership for these reports
- Keep abreast of new trends, tools, applications that help measure effectiveness and experiment with applying these techniques
- Work closely with the database design team
- Track & experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage Social media in the enterprise technology space
- Influence BU and Corporate strategy by building credibility with on-shore teams
- Develop a measure of impact of Social media on overall marketing efforts
Designation: Director Social Media – e Commerce / Retail
– Create the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the companys products and services
– Own the roadmap budget for the social media tools in use on the Companys sites, directing socialmedia tool integration
– Recruit and oversee the Social Media Team, ensuring a superior quality of communication and project delivery is provided at all times
– Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition and supporting monetization across the companys portfolio
– Source and manage relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities
– Act as the advocate of social media integration within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies
– Provide benchmarks and analyse data provided by the Social Media Team, to inform company-wide decision-making and commercial campaign targets are metMonitor and comment on trends in socialmedia trends and application, acting as company spokesperson within the Social Media industry
– Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments
REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
HIH Realty Private Limited is a real estate, Marketing & Advisory Company. We assist our customers in buying Residential Apartments in New Projects. We started are operations in August, 2009. We are looking forward to expand in Mumbai.
- Marketing, Branding, Budgeting & Planning
- Increase Web Traffic & Online Presence
- Improve Content on Website
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Setup Customer Loyalty Program
- Issue Press Releases & Make a Viral Marketing Strategy
- Offline Marketing
ITC – HOTEL DIVISION
- Competency to manage & maintain ITC Hotels digital assets websites, mobile site & applications.
- Hands-on experience on online marketing techniques like search engine optimization (SEO) & search engine marketing (SEM PPC campaigns) on the web & the mobile platform.
- Should have requisite knowledge on online display advertising including media buying, remarketing, campaign scheduling, etc and measure & monitor key success factors.
- Should be able to manage the presence of all major ITC Hotels loyalty programs on the online medium.
- Strong knowledge on the enhancing brand presence and buzz through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other emerging social media forums.
- Should be well-versed with web analytics tools like Google Analytics to draw inferences & customer insights.
- Should have a creative bent of mind to be capable of coming up with innovate ideas for website design & online user experience.
- Basic know-how on web technologies/platforms like HTML, XML, etc. & project management is preferable.
- Should have excellent communication & presentation skills.
Hence we see that the job sector is booming in the social media sector with respect to all industry & not only catering the social media portals.